Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Book Bag Storage

Last year, I had my dad build these cubbies for me.  I had little bitty cubbies my first two years, and the kids stuff was always all over the floor simply because they couldn't fit it all into the cubby!  I saw these cubbies in Lakeshore.  However, for a set of 10, they were $600.  I needed two sets, which meant $1200.  No thanks! So my wonderful dad and a friend of his built these for me.  They are wonderful!  They have a big enough cubby for their backpacks and lunch boxes.  They have hooks in the back to hang their jackets on.  They also have a slot for a  basket which we use as a mailbox.  I realize these are not the quickest solution to a book bag storage problem, however, if you can find someone to build them, they will last forever!  We have a prison work center close to us here (scary I know!) and they will build things for you too for a reasonable price.  You might want to check your areas and see if there is something similar.  The teacher before me had a bunch of bookshelves built by them.  :-)  Happy Summer!

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome!! Too cool! Aren't dads wonderful?! Mine built book shelves for me!
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way that you could post the dimensions used for both the cubbies for the backpacks as well as the mailboxes please

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them looking into having some built where did you find the small baskets for them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these? Can you please share the dimensions?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...