This week we will start our theme days. A letter was sent home last week detailing each day and what your child will need for those days. A letter for Honor's Day was also sent home last week. If you are unable to provide what your child's teacher asked please let us know immediately so we can plan accordingly. Here are the theme days for this week!
Monday: Game and Toy Day
- Please allow your child to bring in one game or toy to share with the class and play with for the day. Please make sure it can fit into their backpacks. NO electronic toys please!
Tuesday: Summer Fun Day
- In the morning we will be doing different activities with bubbles, beach balls, sidewalk chalk, and sand. If you can send in any beach balls, bubbles, or sidewalk chalk, it would be greatly appreciated! That afternoon we will be celebrating the summer birthdays. If your child has a summer birthday and you would like to send in a treat for the class please let your child's teacher know immediately so we can plan.
Wednesday: Arts and Crafts Day
- We will be rotating classrooms and working on different crafts in each room. If you have not sent in your child's 3 white t-shirts from the beginning of the year, please send in a white t-shirt by this day so they can participate.
Thursday: PJ and Movie Day
- Children can wear their pajamas today! They may also bring a small pillow and stuffed toy to have with them today. We will be watching G-rated movies today and will be enjoying a snack together. Please send in one FULL SIZE box/bag of one of the following items: popcorn, M&Ms, teddy grahams, goldfish, pretzels, etc.
Friday: Honors Day
- Honors Day is finally here!! This is a special day for the kids. We will have a small program in our classrooms and each child will receive an award. After the programs, we will enjoy brunch together in our pod and classrooms. Please don't forget to bring your food item! After the program and brunch, you are allowed to check your child out without it effecting their attendance in any way. This day is a special day for your child, so plan something special! Your child will also be bringing home all of their supplies and things out of their cubby today. We hope to see all of you there!
On Thursday, May 31, it will be the children's last day of school! This will only be a half day. If you know that your child will not be at school, please send in a self addressed stamped envelope (with two stamps) so we can mail your child's report card to you! If you do not want it mailed, please come and pick up your child's report card from the classroom. Any report cards not picked up will be placed in your teacher's mailbox at the end of the day. Children do not need their backpacks or folders on this day. Many bus drivers won't let them on the bus with those things.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Have a great week!